Kpop Kosplay is back on its 11th year and you could be this year’s Kosplay superstar!
(All necessary info’s are here. Please read thoroughly. Anyone from the Philippines who will attend the event can join the competition.)
1. This contest is open to everyone, male or female, solo or group.
IMPORTANT: Only Kpop artists are allowed to be cosplayed. K-drama and K-movie characters are not, unless they are portrayed by a Kpop artist like IU in Hotel De Luna, Cha Eunwoo in My ID is Gangnam Beauty, Suzy in Start Up, etc.
2. Prepare a photo of the artist/group that you will be portraying (in the same costume/outfits that you’ll be wearing). Make sure the photo is not pixelated. This will be the basis of the judges for the finals on the “runway”. No need to send your photo wearing the said costume.
Sample photo for Solo:
Sample photo for Group:
3. Contestants must pre-register online to be able to join. Please fill up this form: https://tinyurl.com/KPOPCON11KOSPLAY.
Slots are LIMITED. Registration is open until December 18, 2022 but we will close the registration once the slots are filled, whichever comes sooner.
4. A confirmation email will be sent by the admin near the event date (not automatically, until around the 3rd week of December), which the confirmed contestant has to present at the event (print or screenshot). This will serve as the contestant’s entry form.
5. Each Kosplayer/contestant will be given approximately 10 seconds for their walk (no dance or elaborate skit allowed) for their preliminary walk on stage. After the preliminary walk, the judges will get 10 solo finalists and 5 group finalists, who will join the final walk on the main stage.
6. Costumes must not be too revealing, and extreme form of fanservice deemed inappropriate for minors are prohibited. The Philippine KPOP Convention team has the right to disqualify any contestants who ignore and/or violate any of the aforementioned guidelines.
7. On the date of the event, each confirmed contestant must present the printed out/screenshot confirmation email at the registration table, to receive his/her contestant number. Confirmed contestants must also be willing to go at an earlier call time before the program proper, for the rehearsals/last minute briefing, if need be.
8. Criteria for judging are as follows:
50% Accuracy of Kpop artist/group portrayed
40% Overall presentation and stage presence
10% Audience impact
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
9. In any case of a tie amongst winners, Kosplayers will be called back onstage and will be given another 20 seconds to do the catwalk, as the judges re-examine their get-up.
10. There will be one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 11 SOLO category and one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 11 GROUP category.
* You may join both the Kpop Idol Look-Alike Contest 2022 and the Kpop Kosplay year 11 competitions but should you win the Look-Alike contest, you will not be qualified to join this one anymore…
** Individuals may only join EITHER Solo or Group. Participants cannot join two categories.